FinnHun Finnish-Hungarian-English on-line dictionary and thesaurus

Noora

Hi,
Someone hungarian speaking!
I just wanted to translate this small text:
"most megleptél"
I would be glad for your help. I got everything else but the -tél in the end myself smile

terveisin; Noora
hi Amanda,

Where did it come from this idea you are gonna learn hungarian in the usa?
Peter
uskalias
18 years
Hi Amanda!
If you are still visiting this forum waiting for answer...
The answer is: not.
If you use Pres.Perfect, the action may not have always occurred in the closest past. It can be also in the further past.
"Most" can mean basically 'right now', and 'just' in the Present Perfect: I have just got up. That means, in the near past. "[Éppen] most keltem fel." In this case, "MOST" is accented so the verb turned over (otherwise "felkeltem").
Write some phrases using Pres.Perf. if you want, and i'll tell how they are translated.

I don't know what You have learned about whether the word order is important, but I think it is crucial if you want to explain your thoughts rightly. Somewhere there's some freedom, somewhere not.
What have you already learned in Hungarian? What chapters are in your Hungarian book?(if you have any) I'm excited by books like that. I'm interested in teaching foreigners to our language. Everyone can ask me in the forum though I don't guarantee an expert's answer. I hope I'm also improving this way.
Best wishes,
Tomi, native Hungarian
FindMe
18 years
Is English present perfect always translated into past tense plus "most" in Hungarian?

Thanks!
Amanda
(studying Hungarian in USA)
Banana6784
18 years
Hi,
I would just add that "MOST MEGLEPTÉL!"
means "You have surprised me"
or
"You have taken me by surprise",
with "most" being a reference to NOW
therefore, it is to be translated
in the Present Perfect,if it is of any help to you...

Regards,
György
a Hungarian native,
a teacher of English
hgyi
19 years
Hello,
I don't know, what do you think about, but I try to help. "Most megleptél" in English means "Now you suprised me". I don't know it in Finnish, unforunately.
Bye
Juska
19 years
Hi,
Someone hungarian speaking!
I just wanted to translate this small text:
"most megleptél"
I would be glad for your help. I got everything else but the -tél in the end myself smile

terveisin; Noora
nony2504
19 years
To make a comment you have to log in first.