FinnHun Finnish-Hungarian-English on-line dictionary and thesaurus

People from abroad

Is there anyone from abroad reading this message?

I would like to hear your opinions about my dictionary!

Statistics show visitors from about 25 countries world wide. Including Brazilians, Austrians, Romanians, Canadians, Germans, people from USA, Greece, and even Japan.

I would like to hear your stories, what you use the dictionary for, so I can develope it and make it even smile better.

I'm personally quite curious, why would anybody use a Finnish-Hungarian-English dictionary for instance in Brazil.

Greetings, Csiszi
I'm from the UK and have been using the Finnish dictionary part of this site for quite a while now.

I havent found a better site!!

Thanks!
MJ
mjfeather
14 years
I have spotted your dictionary. Yes, I find it better than most other on-line dictionaries. I am a German and I live on Mindanao in the Phlippines. My kowledge of the Finnish language is almost perfect, there are a few rare words that I might not know, mostly such which you don't either find in any printed dictionary, not to mention in an on-line dictionary. So, I am surprised that there are words like meininki in your dictionary!! Very good work!!!

Yours sincerely
Erhard Lang
libidopter
16 years
I am from the USA, and i use it to keep my finnish up. smile or atleast steady..

In brasil, many would use it, for instance, if they were ex-exchange students to finland.. smile or hungry.. thats why i use it..

smile

good dictionary tho!! great help!
KittrickA
18 years
Hello Cliftoo,

Thank you for your comment! smile I'm glad that you find my dictionary helpful. I've been busy lately working on some other projects, but I will do my best to improve the dictionary in the near future.

I put pronunciation guide on the todo list.

Kind regards,
Csiszi
csiszi
18 years
Hello from England,

I'm trying to revive the language skills I learnt as a child when I lived in Hungary nearly twenty years ago. This site will definitely be useful to me. I might even learn the odd word of Finnish!

From what I've seen so far this site works really well. Much, much better than other on-line dictionaries I've seen for any other language!

I've one suggestion though. I'd like to see a quick pronunciation guide for all three languages with IPA references.

As a native speaker of (British) English I will gladly help anyone who is learning English. And hopefully, I'll gain enough confidence through using this forum to begin writing and speaking Hungarian again.

Thankyou for creating this community!

Regards, Cliftoo

cliftoo
19 years
Is there anyone from abroad reading this message?

I would like to hear your opinions about my dictionary!

Statistics show visitors from about 25 countries world wide. Including Brazilians, Austrians, Romanians, Canadians, Germans, people from USA, Greece, and even Japan.

I would like to hear your stories, what you use the dictionary for, so I can develope it and make it even smile better.

I'm personally quite curious, why would anybody use a Finnish-Hungarian-English dictionary for instance in Brazil.

Greetings, Csiszi
csiszi
19 years
To make a comment you have to log in first.